<misc>REPLY: HomeMade BL/SS?

Some yahoo wrote:

<snip>

++++++++          So as we all probably know allready, why spend $200
for a short shift      when you can go to your local dealer and get it
for
$50?  This applies      to E36 owners..Use a shift lever from a Z3 for
about
25% shorter      throw..I'm sure we all know this allready, but my
question is....

<snip>

=======================================
_About_ 25% shorter throw?  Sure about that?  That applies to ALL
E36's?  Sure about that?  Or will it be closer to 40%, depending on
which E36...by the way, what about the clip thats almost guaranteed to
break unless you _really_ know how to remove it?  What about the bend
in the lever?  How much increased effort will you get, again,
depending on which E36....

..think I've made my point.

Ron Browne
1992 318is