RE: Short Shift

     Nathan,
     Go to your dealer and buy all the tools and parts that need to do
     the job and I think you will find yourself spending closer to $200
     than $50.  Which shift lever does your E-28 take?  Dunno.  Order
     several different ones and install and remove each one until you find
     the right one via trial and error...   Or, get the BL/SS kit and you
     will have the best shifter for your car right out of the box.  A
     shifter that has been tested and proven.  Yeah, you'll pay a *little*
     more than what you would at the dealer, but you get the right parts,
     instructions, and the benefit of someone elses experience.  That makes
     it a bargain in my book.

     Bobby Crumpley
     BMWCCA
     '87 325iS BL/SSed and loving it
     '31 Ford with a two foot long shifter

     ++++++++

     So as we all probably know allready, why spend $200 for a short shift
     when you can go to your local dealer and get it for $50?  This applies
     to E36 owners..Use a shift lever from a Z3 for about 25% shorter
     throw..I'm sure we all know this allready, but my question is....what
     about the older cars? Does anybody have any ideas for the E30, E28,
     E24 cars?  I'd much rather go to a BMW dealership and buy a factory
     part that will do the same thing as a part that some company buys from
     BMW and slaps a sticker on or paints and charges 3 times as much for!
     Any Ideas?  If not I am going to take mine out and weld an extension
     on to it to shorten the shift.  Thanks in advance!

     Nathan
     85 535i