Testing Digest Knowledge "Help"

I am turning to the digest for assistance on a situation that has
stumped me.

Car: 89 325is

Situation:  Driving down the road and all of a sudden, complete
loss of power and check engine light comes on.  I first fear the
worst, Timing Belt.  As soon as Rpm's fall under 2,000 the engine
kicks back on.  I crutch home under 2,000 Rpm's.  When I got
home I pulled out my DME fault code sheet and ran through the
proper procedure to view the fault code from the car.  The car returns
a fault code of  1-19-17-56  I repeat the process 3 times to make
sure I am reading this right.  1-19-17-56 does not appear on my
fault code sheet, and I have also never seen a fault code even
remotely close to this.  Does anyone have any idea what may
be causing these symptoms.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
- -Alan