<E36> Transmission failure at 7000 mi

Jerry:

I've been told by two different persons (service manager at a dealer, and an
independent) that all BMW replacement transmissions are rebuilt,
reconditioned, or straight recoveries from other vehicles (at least in the
US).  Also was told that they are sourced in the US some way other than
through the normal parts process (i.e., through some third party).  I can't
verify - maybe someone on the Digest can shed some light.

Mike A.
95 /M3
mla1@domain.elided

>Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:55:23 -0500