Re: Don Cicchetti and his "Ripoff at Shelly BMW"

In a recent digest post, Don writes:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
From: Don Cicchetti <dcicchet@domain.elided>
Subject: rip-off at Shelly BMW
Hi all, I don't like doing this, but these guys deserve it.

I sent a good friend down to Kevin Hite at Shelly BMW (southern CA) to buy
a car Kevin had told me about.   My friend liked the car, liked the price,
and decided to do the deal.
After signing the papers, he got home, and thought that the payments were a
bit high.   Upon closer examination he discovered that someone at Shelly
had changed the price of the car upwards by about 2,200.00, and changed the
trade-in value as well.
He called Kevin and asked for an explanation, but Kevin did not have one.
We went back to Shelly together, because Kevin stopped taking my friend's
calls, and asked him why the numbers had changed.   We got every load of
crap they could think up instead of the truth.   Basically, Kevin said that
he "didn't know" who had changed the numbers, or WHY....
In the end, it is my friend's fault for signing the papers without
double-checking the numbers.  Changing the numbers from what was orally
agreed to is an old trick in car-dealing, and Kevin even admitted that the
numbers did not reflect the verbal agreement, but do you think my friend
got his money back....?
Of course not.
I expect this sort of slimy behavior from dealers, but not from a club
member who puts his smiling face on so many ads aimed directly at CCA
members.
caveat emptor

Don

Don Cicchetti
dcicchet@domain.elided
71 '02   BMW CCA member 122043
- - -Beatnik Motor Werke-

Don,

Although I am unhappy to hear that you feel your friend was ripped off by
Kevin Hite and Shelly BMW, I want to tell you that over the past 10 years that
Kevin has been helping out fellow BMW Club members by offering them great
service and prices at Shelly BMW.  He has accumulated hundreds of very happy
and loyal customers, one of which is myself.   Regardless of how you feel
towards him or Shelly BMW, this type of defamation of character is uncalled
for and should not be posted against anyone or any business in such a public
matter.  If you are trying to hurt his business or job then find another way
to do it that wont hold you legally responsible for any loss of business.
Simply put, if I were you, I would expect a call from Shelly BMW's attorneys.
As for the rest of the digesters, please don't let this type of false
information make you judge Kevin or Shelly BMW as a bad dealership.  Anyone
that knows Kevin or Shelly BMW knows that they will always  bend backwards to
help satisfy even the most pain in the rear customer.  Even though one person
is upset, does that mean that he/they are a bad dealer/dealership?  I don't
think so....  What about the hundreds of other happy people that you don't
hear about??  That should be well worth it's weight in gold and I am sure that
there are many people that will stand behind Kevin and the job he does.   I
do!

Thanks,

Tino Saloomen
TinoM3@domain.elided
Kinda pissed off....

Just as usual I am in no way affiliated with Kevin Hite or Shelly BMW.  I just
wanted to express my opinion without harming anyone's reputation.