BMW's new Cornering Brake Control (CBC) -- it does what???

In the new issue of BMW Magazine they describe BMW's new Cornering Brake Control
that improves handling when simultaneously cornering and braking.  Sounded
interesting until I got to the description of what it does:  (keep track of this)

	"Using data provided by ABS sensors, in a split second
	CBC determines the car's degree of lateral acceleration.
	If the driver then hits the brake pedal, CBC makes sure
	that brake line pressure is distributed to all but the
	outside front wheel.

	At that point, two things happen simultaneously.  First,
	CBC electronically limits brake pressure to the rear
	discs.  Secondly, compensating for the tendency of the
	rear end to swing outward, CBC decreases pressure to the
	inside front-wheel brake."

Okay, so no braking at outside front, reduced braking at both rears, and reduced
braking at inside front.  Hmmmm.  CBC basically prevents you from braking while
cornering.  I guess that's one way to improve handling while cornering and braking.
;^)

Does anyone know what the author _meant_ to say (how CBC really works)?
Or am I just missing the beauty of having almost no braking power
in corners?  ;^)

Brian