Re: European vs American versions of EuroBeer

One on my tenants travels quite a bit and has reported that many european
beers taste different when overseas then here, especially Guinness. But it
may sometimes be  because when you go into a bar in Germany and order a
German beer you get it on tap, whereas here in the US you get the German
beer in a bottle. A friend of mine here in Wichita owned a little bar that
had Guinness on tap and there is a world of difference between the tap and
the bottle, so in at least some cases the difference in taste might have
more to do with how it's served then where you are.

Also I understand that some larger european breweries don't actually ship
beer across the pond, they just contract breweries here in the US to make
their recipe, so this may also account for the difference (I may be wrong
here, if I am I'm sure someone out there will correct me).

Plus, I would think that when you're on vacation far from home everything
seems to look/smell/taste different then at home (maybe part of it's in
your head?)

Cya,
Mike (hic) Biles
'76 '02 (where are my goddamn keys?)