Popping noise in glove compartment

Hi,

I am new to this newsgroup.  I am hoping someone either heard or actually
experienced this problem before.  I have a 95 M3.  Recently I noticed a
popping noise in the glove compartment area.  The noise only comes on when
I drive on the freeway for a few minutes and then come to a complete stop
at a off ramp.  Under normal street driving condition I don't hear the
noise at all.  I brought it to the dealership and the shop foreman told me
it might be my windshield is misaligned when it was replaced the first
time.  I just had my windshield replaced again yesterday, yes unlucky me,
because it cracked recently.  The noise is there for freeway driving.  Any
idea?

Thanks,
James...