<E30> iX oil change - are you kidding?!?

everyone,

thanks to all who replied to my question about the oil change.  the info was
useful, as usual.

well, i just changed the oil in my iX for the first time.  what is up with
that filter?!?!  could it be a bigger pain in the ass?  sheesh!  the only
way i could see to get the filter off without spilling oil all over what
ever is in the way was to "create" flow path using an empty air filter box.
i'm not quite sure what that thing was that was in the way, anyone know?  it
didn't look like part of the front drivetrain - i really didn't pay too much
attention though cuz i knew i couldn't remove it first.  anyway, for those
that cared to read this till now it was not too bad, just required a little
persuasion.  surprising - to me anyway, i didn't spill any and only dripped
a couple of drops on the whatchamacallit.  till next adventure........

regards,

jack money
motor city chapter
'89iX