WOB: beer & door ding

I could well be wrong on this one; I have not done
any side-by-side comparison. In fact, I haven't
had Pilner Urquell in coupla years; that stuff is
expensive! (and not easy to find either).

I could just be buying into the oft-repreated
story that US versions of Euro beer taste
different than the Euro versions (e.g., this is
often said about Guiness). This hypothesis is
impossible to prove or disprove because taste is
so subjective and side-by-side US vs. Euro
versions are impossible. But I do believe domestic
versions of German beer have 0 preservatives (per
the Beer Purity Law ("Reinheitsgebot") of 15XX),
wherease US versions need them due to months-long
transit; this could explain taste difference.
(Maybe Czechs do this too?)

BMW content: the only ding I've received on my BMW
after 10 months of ownership appeared on my car
after it had spent the day at my local BMW dealer
for service! Circumstantial evidence: no ding when
dropped off car; picked up car at night (couldn't
see ding then); when I picked up car it was parked
very close to black BMW loaner car; ding w/ black
paint rubbed onto my white car was noticed next
morning; overnight no one was parked anywhere near
me (concrete pillars on each side of car). Hmmmmm
. . .  Didn't call them on it because black paint
came off with rubbing compound & small ding almost
invisible on white car.

Andy '95 M3