Re: <E36> ass warmer kits

>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 98 13:14:42 -0800
>From: jim.powell@domain.elided <mailto:jim.powell@domain.elided>
>Subject: Heated seat kits
>
>I have made arrangements to allow digesters to purchase heated seat kits at
a substantial discount through South Motors BMW. This deal is better than
>the normal 25% off that we usually get from Stephen Wolff
(flbearcub@domain.elided). If you have been wishing you could retrofit heated
seats but didn't like >the price, now is the time to jump on this.

Guys,

I'm not sure if you all realize how much work this heated seats retrofit
involves.  I've done it last year during my Xmas break and it took me 3
days.  If you have done it once, you could probably do it in two days.  It's
a freaking PITFA...  And it's not just skinning the leather seats that's
time consuming... You have to punch through the firewall and get into the
fuse box, you've got to lift most of the carpet to get the harness under the
seats, you've got to totally disassemble the seats which involves unhooking
little hooks one by one (there's about 50 of them per seat cushion) and
later hooking them back on.  I'm telling you guys.  I've done it once and
would never consider doing it again.

But the heated seats do work great once you've done!  :)

By the way Jim, how much are you getting them for?   I got mine in Germany
for DM 432.-

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536