1986 325E NO START

Recently I developed a no start condition on my 86 325e that only occurred
every now and then but has developed into a permanent condition. It seems as
if the car will only start around mid day(I know that sounds strange) when the
outside temperature is warmer. At first I thought it was a problem with the
cold start system but now if you get the car started it runs 100%. If within 5
minutes of shutting the car off you try to restart it everything is okay, but
if you wait any longer than that the car will not start no matter how hard you
try. Let the car sit until until noon the next day and it starts instantly and
again runs 100%. I have checked all the sensors i.e. tdc, rpm, temp sensors
all are okay. Coil resistance is within specs along with coil wire and spark
plug wires. Fuel pressure and volume along with rest pressure  are all okay.
When the car doesn't start there is an absence of spark from the coil. When
you try to start it it wants to start but then the spark dies and no dice. I
am up against a wall here and am quickly running out of ideas. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.