<e36> recall?

I just did a search on recalls for my '95 M3, found the familiar
one on the knee bolster, the brake light switch, and the throttle
and cruise cable.  But I also found one that sounds like the old
E30 coolant recall, has anyone else heard of this, or received
a notice from BMW N.A.?  Or is it a mistake in NHTSA's database? Pat?
Or am I just so far behind on my digest reading, that I'm bringing
up old tired material?

Dale
NHTSA Campaign Number : 98V178000
system component, such as a thermostat, water pump, or fan belt, can result in
significantly increased coolant temperature and system pressure. If the
indications of a critical overheating condition is not noticed by the driver,
it is possible that damage to, or failure of, a coolant system component could
occur.

If a crack were to form or a seam were to separate in the heater core end
piece, hot coolant could suddenly be expelled, increasing the risk of
personal injury to a vehicle occupant.

Dealers will install a new design radiator cap to control pressure and provide
greater coolant overflow in the event of overheating.

Owner notification is expected to begin during October 1998. Owners who take
their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do
not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at
1-800-831-1117. Also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

- --

                       |            Dale Beuning           |
                       |       email: dalus@domain.elided     |
                       | web: http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus |