<E30> Convertible 3rd brake light

Can someone with an E30 Convertible that has the later style 3rd brake light
(89 & on?) do me a favor?  I'm mounting the BMW light on my trunk lid to
replace this ugly looking light (that leaks) put on by the importer when my
car was brought over from Germany.  I need to know what the correct location
is on the trunk lid.  If someone could please email me the distance from the
front edge of the trunk lid, to the light, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
Frank Ciotti
86 325iC euro