eram brake cooler, ram air, and leaf blower/hairdryer gysmo.

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>MISC> Brake cooling and ER*M

I was planning on removing my cracked foglights and replacing them
with brake cooling ducts.  =

But before I do this, I am now wondering how an ER*M type fan could be
hooked up to a thermo switch that would trigger the fan ON when some
part of the braking system (caliper?) reached a set high temperature.

You would have less ducting in the way of full-lock steering, but the
downsides would be cost and complexity.

Anybody else attempt this kind of modification?

Andy Peavy
91 535i<

thermo switch that had a high temp  on =

level , like 400 degrees or something,( you would have to get a pyrometer=

to see where you would want it set at so the fan isnt on for too long.)  =
  =

     I would work great, but you would want one on your intake to make up=

for the 5 hp power loss to generate those 30 amps drawn by the eram
brakecooler.   (joke, it doent take 5 hp to make 400 watts like somefool
said)
anyway, good Idea if you dont want to spend the extra cash for brake fuid=

and race pads.

MK