Re: afm question and adjustable fuel regulators ---for JIM C. BA

>How could I test to see if the fuel regs are truely usless as you call
>them.   the only test I didnt do was to hook the O2 sensor in and make
>another hole for Horibra sensor and see if there was any difference in
>mixture with the o2 connected and disconected under full throttle
>condition.  (open loop mode.)
>
>thanks.
>
>mark

You just answered your own question.   The variable rate fuel pressure
regulator is useless when used with a lambda system because the control
unit will shorten the injector pulse to compensate for the extra fuel
supplied by the higher pressure, ending with the same stoic ratio that
you would get with a standard fuel pressure regulator.

By removing the most critical part of this procedure, the o2 sensor, you
have totally invalidated the test.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you