re: Anybody else experienced parking lot troubles with your BMW?

John asked this question, describing a faded red, dented Accord that parked
next to him when he had parked at the far end of the parking lot, taking
two spaces.   I have two thoughts, John:

1)   If you were parked far, far away, then why two spots?   Why not just
one?   I think the Accord owner (parking 3 inches from your door) was
trying to make a statement.

2)  Just because the Accord was old, dented, faded and a Honda, doesn't
mean that it isn't just as precious to its owner as your bimmer is to you.
He doesn't want any (more) dings either.

I often park -- excuse me, ALWAYS park far, far away from the great
unwashed, but it never fails that someone will always park right next to
me.    I assume that they see my nice pretty dingless car and think that
they will be safe next to me.

And there was a post about letting the car warm up for more than 30 seconds
- -- I think BMW warns you to not let the car warm up for more than 30
seconds because it may cause the catalytic converter to overheat.   I don't
remember where I first heard that, but that's in the back of my mind.   I
do know that the car will warm up quicker if driven (gently).   Buy heated
seats next time!