Re: Parking lot troubles...

John,

I've had the same problems myself.  I can't get away from idiots like
that.  It is nice to note that sometimes when I've parked far away in a
parking lot, another BMW owner parks next to me carefully.  And they
usually have a nicer car than me.  I don't even mind when those low
riding VW owners with immaculate cars park next tome too.  As long as
you know how to park your car and exit, I usually don't mind.  It's
those 90% of people who can't center their car within the lines (and
usually drive a p.o.s. wagon or van) and aren't careful exiting their
car that I hate.

As for those idiot people who park next to you - that's why God made
sheetrock hammers.  And that's why I carry one wherever I park....
(completely kidding, of course)

Eric Hunt
94 325is
BMWCCA

- - - - - - - - -

John Wrote:

Hey everybody, well today I was minding my own business when I decided
stop at the local CompUSA to pick up some software. The parking lot
around
this particular establishment is rather large. As usual, to protect my
car
('92 E36 325i 4dr) from dings I parked at the far end of the lot, taking
2
spaces. Since it wasn't busy I figured no problem - won't have to worry
about some idiot opening their door into me or a shopping cart getting
knocked into the side of my car. Upon returning to my car I find a red
(faded paint, dented) '92ish Honda Civic 4dr DX about 3 inches from the
passenger side of my car. Having the ENTIRE parking lot he naturally had
practically side-swipe me. I checked my car and no dents so I was lucky.

Anybody else encountered behavior like this? Some may say it's my fault
for
being too careful, obessive, etc.... but it's a shame you can't have
anything nice in this country anymore without some a$$hole wanting to
tear
it up. Strangely enough, my last car was a Honda Accord coupe and when I

parked in the same fashion nobody noticed. I suppose he was just
jealous.
The general public must be generally ignorant since it's a 7 year old
car
with almost 123,000 miles on it. I just happen to want to actually take
care
of my car... can't say the same for his Civic. Sorry but I just had to
vent
a little of the frustration I experienced today to help regain my
sanity.
:-)

Regards,

John