RE: Anybody else experienced parking lot troubles with your BMW?

OK, John Ward vented about someone parking too close to his car, when there
was an entire parking lot available to others. John, I'd be pissed off too,
but I feel that you kinda asked for it by taking up 2 spaces. When you wear
your good suit do you take up 2 seats?

Then, Christian Els commented that John was being paranoid and rude for
blocking others access.
Christian, please read John's post again, he explained that he parked at
the far end of the lot, and that there was lots of room for others. I think
your comment was a little harsh. And remember, guys (and gals) many of us
think of the digest as a family. Maybe not a perfect family, but we'd like
to think that we can vent once in a while without being attacked.
Constructive criticism is one thing, but attacks...

And lastly, David Koretz gave some feedback about the situation, which I
agree with.

John, and other double parkers, even though you park away from other cars,
by double parking you're definetly making a statement. Of course most on
the digest would think that the statement is, "I've experienced door dings
in the past, and want to avoid them". However, the public (as you pointed
out) doesn't realize that your 7 year old high mileage car is worth (on the
retail market) less than a new Civic, and they think that you're some rich
@$$hole that thinks he's better than they are. I agree with parking far
away, for one you get good excercise walking to the store, but taking up 2
spaces invites judgement.
BTW, where I work, there's a really far away section that most of the nice
cars park in, and they let me park there too. What's funny is that I take
up 1 space, the guy with the M3 takes up 1 space, the guy with the C5 vette
takes up 1 space, but the guy with the '98 323is takes up 2 spaces on a
regular basis. Kinda makes the rest of us look bad. Oh, and there's also an
older Mudstang convertible (around '89 to '92) that is NOT in great
condition, and he takes up 2 spaces, and both the Mudstang and 323 are red.
OK, no flames from owners of red cars. Red cars rock, these guys just
happen to be losers with red cars.

- - Chip "JustEnoughSpace" E.