<E36 M3> 50K Service Questions? New cams and valve retainers?

Hi,

My 10/94 production M3 has crossed the 50K mark and it is time for a
major checkup.  Can you advise major service items I should have checked
out.  I know that I should have the water pump impeller changed from
plastic to metal.  I understand that the valve retainers should probably
be replaced.  If so is this a good time to have new cams put in?  If I
put in new cams what other ancillary changes should be made?  Which cams
are best and what kind of performance can I expect?

David Holeman

E36 M3 1995 Alpine White
* JimC, Euro HFM and Airbox with snorkle
* Bilstein sport shocks and springs
* BMP billet strut bar
* X Brace
* Euro floating rotors
* Stillen DOT stainless steel brake lines
* BL/SS Bent
* 3.46:1 Differential w/Alpina cover
* LTW Oil Pan