Re: <E36> Alignment Questions

> I just got my '95 M3 aligned and I looked at the spec sheet that listed
what
> they did. I noticed that there is a small range for each setting (camber
> between -.4 and -1.4). I then looked at the specs they set my car to. I
> noticed that the camber on left-front was about -1.0 and the right-front
> was -1.5. Now my first thought was that it should be within range. My
> second thought was that they should be the same on the left as the right.
> Right? I also notice a very slight pull to the left. What I am asking is:
> Shouldn't the setting be the same on the left as on the right, regardless
of
> the range?
>
> thanks,
> Mark DeSimone
> '95 M3

Mark,

Sorry for a late response, but I had my car aligned a few weeks ago and here
are my specs...  (As you know, I have a '96 328Is, but I had the car aligned
to '96-97 M3 spec)   I had the shop do a more aggressive setting than the
specified range especially on the rear camber.   All units are in degrees.

                                       LF
RF
                          Before          After             Before
After              Spec. Range
Camber               -2.0             -2.0               -1.8
- -1.7               -1.3   -   -0.3
Caster                  6.2               6.2                6.2
6.2                 7.1   -   8.1
Toe                      0.13             0.10             -0.21
0.12               0.13  -   0.21

                                       RF
RR
                          Before          After             Before
After               Spec. Range
Camber               -1.8             -2.1                -1.6
- -2.0                -1.9   -   -1.6
Toe                      0.24             0.13               0.32
0.11               0.13  -   0.21

They didn't really change the RF camber, but adjusting the RF Toe must have
changed the camber reading somehow.   Or perhaps it was the fact that they
lost the leveling signal and had to reset the computer in the middle of the
job.

The interesting thing is that before the alignment the car was tracking
straight, and now it's slightly tracking left.

Hope this helps and you have something to compare the results with.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is  (M3 suspension)

BMW CCA #135536, NCC