97 E39 Owner question?

I was test driving a 97 E39 last Saturday; I found two-air filter( I
assume) located on at left and right engine compartment close to the
firewall. I am just curious if this filters is for the  air-filtration
system. Is it easy to perform oil change on this vehicle? Does it use a
spin on or catridge oil filters? I noticed a vibration on steering at
80mph other than that it smooth and very quiet at 100mph. I still have
to test drive a stick for comparison.

I found this vehicle on Smythe Volvo used car lot. It has 28,000 miles,
Premium Package, A/T and asking price of $38,000 (overprice). Your input
is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Marlon