<E28> Re: heater HOT or Cold

<snip>
except when one dials up any
temperature greater than full cold, at which time it opens up fully.
 This happens regardless of actual cabin temperature, as far as we can
tell.  Is it possible that the cabin temp sensor has gone south?
Also, can somebody verify that the temp sensor is the gizmo stuck
inside the underdash trim piece with the 3-wire connector and the
vacuum hose?

John Bolhuis
<end snip>

Hey John,
The inside temperature sensor is the one down on the left kick panel.  It
can get clogged up  with dirt so give it a cleaning.  If your lucky that
will fix it and that would constitute the good news.    The bad news is
there is another temp sensor buried in the heater core.  It feeds the
heater controls/AC controls.  The sensor is NOT going to be easy to get
to.  You must pull the center console out of the car to get to it.  It's
possible to test it by resistance readings to a point before going into
it.

You need some good electrical books for this stuff.  Bentley does ok but
was missing the critical stuff I needed to fix my AC this summer.    Good
hunting on this.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked with R1's shoes to go dancing in at the track
86' 325 - Wife's 4-door