<E28> Power steering fluid woes/losing fluid

John Weese writes:

The Brake telltale light is "back"!  So, I checked the PS reservoir...and
it
was again low...ok...the car is not leaking ATF on the floor so where is
it
going?...into the brake "bomb"?...I figure it this way...either I need
another
"bomb" or the "regulator" is bad...I had the brake bomb replaced only a
few
years ago..could it be bad again?  the regulator has never been replaced.
<end snip>

I've been there and have done that!  Check the underside of the master
brake cylinder.  There is a weep hole and it purges ATF because the brake
cylinder is getting stupid.  I replaced the bomb [bad], low and high
pressure switches [bad] in the regulator.  And then finally the brake
cylinder [bad].  Problem's gone.  Good hunting.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked with R1's shoes to go dancing in at the track
86' 325 - Wife's 4-door