Re: Window tint removal

At 03:37 PM 11/14/98 -0500, John wrote:
>A second question pertaining to a totally different subject.....
>The previous owner put tint film on the back window. In NC, we have tint
>density laws and this stuff failed inspection MISERABLY! I have 30 days to
>remove it. How would one go about removing window tint film? Is there even a
>HOPE of saving the rear window defroster?

John,

I removed the tint from my tii by simply spraying the tint with a water
bottle and saturating it (kind of messy.  I took the rear shelf off).  This
made the tint kind of soft and I was able to peal big chunks off.  I used a
razor blade where I could and fingernails around the defrost wires.

Overall a pain, but it was clear in about 45 minutes.

Have fun.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii