GS Products, SI Reset tool

Has anyone successfully used the GS Products Service Interval light reset tool?

I just got mine, and it won't fit into the socket ('96 328is).  It goes on
half-way, but then the post in the middle (looks like a pie with a piece
missing) doesn't seem to penetrate the hole (words intentionally chosen to
make Bubbas spew half-chewed food on computer screen).  I think my tool's
post is too big!  If I ever get it to work, I'll post a note about my endeavors.

It looks like a pretty good tool.  It's well made, and it has the
instructions printed on the side.  It also has a LED that turns off when the
deed is done.  Oddly enough, the manufacturer's name isn't printed on the
tool or the box it came in.  It also doesn't say where it's made.

Dean
'96 328is
BMW CCA
BMW CC BC