<E30> suspension

E30 experts:

I'm planning, finally, to upgrade the suspension of my '89
325i...it's still original and rather soft, and I'd like to
get opinions from those of you who have experience with this.

The car is a daily driver, mainly on fairly smooth freeways,
and may see some autocrosses (primarily for learning how to
drive the car...FTD is not a goal) but no track use.

I have experience with Bilstein "sport" shocks on front
drive VW's...these have not unreasonably firm for me. I
anticipate changing shocks, springs, and sway bars.

I'm currently using 205/60VR14 AVS-Is on the stock 6x14
alloys...these seem to be rather good tires, and I'll
probably stay with this combination for street use.

TIA

Bob

'89 325i
'91 318is