Reverse Mirror Adjustment on 98 540i

I recently purchased a 98 540 6 speed, and traded in my 94 540 (engine
replaced at 48,000 miles by the way).  On the 94, when I placed the car in
reverse the outside right mirror powered down just enough to see the curb,
it seemed to line up perfectly.  On the new car, when it powers down, it
powers all the way down, so that I'm looking down at the ground about 2 feet
behind the mirror.  Can find no mention of adjustment in the owners manual.
Anybody else have this problem, or this is one just aligned poorly?  Helpful
hints while I wait on a service date appreciated.

Cheers, RC