Power Steering Fluid Removal - Easy Method

Digesters,

There has been some discussion recently (beyond the usual mud-slinging)
about power steering filter replacement.  One of the challenges revolves
around removal of the old fluid.  I do not claim invention here, but the
easiest way is to use a turkey baster - really.

It is probably best if you don't go to the kitchen drawer and grab the home
unit - lots of stores sell these, and you should be able to get one for
$2-3.

This method means the you DO NOT need to disconnect any lines to change your
PS fluid.  Just baste it right out and you will be able to get about 98.5% -
good enough for these purposes.

This does not even have to be a UUC purchase, as it falls below the $5
($10?) UUC purchase threshold.

This works, seriously, no, I mean it, I have pictures, well, maybe not.....

Regards,

Reed
Seattle
1985 535i
159K

P.S.  What is the UUC purchase threshold, anyone?