Re: '86 325es.

At 08:40 AM 11/13/98 -0500, David Lacroque - ColorImage wrote:

(snip)

>>1.  The light on the OBC is out.  I have read the FAQ's but wonder how
>>difficult it is to replace.  I don't know if I want to disassemble the
>>center console.  There is also a light out behind the temperature knob for
>>the climate control.  Could this be easily replaced at the same time?
>
>Not sure about the temperature knob but the obc should be an easy fix. The
>OBC will have a front face plate that will come off, use a very small flat
>bladed screwdriver or knife. Once the cover is off you will see how to get
>the OBC out. There is a single plug that you will need to remove. Once
>everything is apart remove and replace the bulb.

(snip)

I wouldn't try this prying off! Mine does not seem to have a face plate
that can be taken off. You'll only end up marring the front.

To remove the bulb assembly, you have to loosen the dash panel to get to
the back of the OBC unit.

But maybe I don't know anything. I'm newbie anyway.

Michiel (87 325es)