re: 535i RPM sensor and missing

My 89 535i didn't miss, but would refuse, capriciously, to rev over 2500 and
at times would refuse to start. The RPM sensor--which I can state non-
technically looks like a cable about 10" long--was badly worn from rubbing
against the water pump. It cost less than $200 installed and cleared up those
problems quick. Worth a look.

Blake
89 535i(s) unstock
93 525i stock
>>>I have a 91 535i that will sometimes exhibit a "miss".  It will only
happen when cruising along at a steady speed with the throttle
position "just off idle".  I haven't felt the problem below 1800 RPM
or above 3000 RPM.  Sometimes, it seems a bump to the rear wheels will
trigger it.

It will miss or hesitate, and if I don't adjust throttle position it
will miss again approx. 2 seconds later.  If I back the throttle down
to idle or give it any more throttle, it won't miss again and I cannot
make it happen again.  It will usually happen once every other month.