Car w/a mind of its own!

I've noticed that my '97 328is/Sport gets pulled this way and that by
ruts or grooves in the road. Does this originate from the tires I have
on it, or is this behavior just the nature of the beast? It seems I'm
dealing with this all the time on the freeway.

I'm running on stock Continental 225/60 ZRs on 16" rims. If it's the
tire, does anyone have any suggestions for something more stable? I
noticed these tires don't like the wet either.

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Miki
CCA #151620
BMW ACA/PSR