<E36> Window trim and Maintanence Q's

Hi All,

The car: 1994 325iA 4dr sedan

The problem: The window trim/seals are not doing their job
The symptoms: Sometimes (usually when cold), and when I press the
auto-up button on the front windows, they'd go up as normal. However,
when they'd get within 30% distance of the top, they'd stop and roll
down as if they'd been blocked. What happens also is that the window
actually moves up more on the rear part than the front part by mere
millimeters and "jumps" out of it's seal, thus crushing the trim/seal on
the outside! Not good.

The solution? Well, that front trim/seal is battered enough that it
looks like it needs replacement, however I was wondering what causes
this problem? The motors seem good, it's just as the front part of the
window, when it reaches the trim right around the middle of the front
mirror area, dips and lets the top rear part of the windo jump out of
seal. Could I lubricate the seal/trim? Or should I just spend the $$ on
new seal/trim while I'm at it and see if it makes a difference? Please
help, this is getting annoying trying to move the window up, and it
refusing to seal properly!!

Thanks in advance for advice.

- --
:)Regards