<e30> Rough idle after tune-up at mechanic

Hi,

After bringing my 1989 325i to the shop for a tune-up, my car's idle is now
rough.  Looking under the hood, the engine vibrates more than it used
to. It used to be pretty smooth at idle.

What I brought the car in for:
	- Valve adjustment
	- Sparks, air, oil
What had to be done in addition:
	- Guibo replacement (cracks)
	- Rear transmission seal and transmission mounts
	- One engine mount, was all broken

My mechanic said that the rough idle is probably due to that
"butterfly" thing that controls air flow and that it needs adjustment.
He insists that this is the problem since he says my idle keeps going
down and then jumps back up although I have never seen this happen in
my car.  My idle is always around 600-650 (hasn't changed before or
after the tune up) and is pretty steady, and has pretty much always
been around there.

I'm just worried that the valve adjustments are out of wack or that I
have a faulty spark plug somewhere.  Or could I have been having air flow
troubles that were not obvious because the valves weren't within spec?

P.S. Thanks again to all those folks on the list who seem to have
endless amounts of advice and knowledge on these cars.

P.P.S. The valves were loose around 11-13, they were tightened to 10
(as per BMW's specifications)