Re: Philips BlueVision Halogen Headlights

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Jonathan Lukens wrote:

> Check out:  http://www.lighting.philips.com/nam/press/1998/110398a.shtml

 I'm encouraged that it's a company like philips that came up with the
bulb, but I'm discouraged that it seems like a regular halogen bulb
with a coating.  It's regular bulbs with coatings that have gotten
lots of people in trouble in the past.  And then they call them
"bluevision" which seems to celebrate the blue color.  Furthermore, in
their own Xenon lighting FAQ (worth a read, BTW), they point out that
Xenons only appear bluish because they are conspicuously lacking the
yellowness of all the other nearby lights.  So which is it, Philips?
Blue good or blue bad?
 In their favor, the new bluevision bulbs supposedly comply with all
DOT regulations, but I think that won't matter to some of pickier
police departments.  Users of those things are going to have to put up
with a lot of harrasment, legal or not.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and