<e28> bolt on brake upgrade HELP!!

After months of salivating over the other e28 brothers on the digest
that got the e32 calipers and rotors I finally got mine.  I had to look
hard for a reasonable set of calipers because apperantly, there was a
run on them.  They got up to $100 each at some salvage yards; but I
digress.

I banged off the old rotor and fitted the new balo rotor from the
ultimate garage.  The caliper carrier wouldn't fit all the way over the
rotor.  I checked to see if the heat shield was in the way and it didn't
appear to be the problem.  Further inspection seemed to indicate that
the carrier was not deep enough to accomodate the rotor.  Did I miss
something?  was I supposed to bet the e32 caliper carrier also?

I appreciate your help on this one.  After nearly 6 years on the digest
I declare that the list doesn't suck but it is succeptible to the likes
of seth (remember him) and mark.  There have been other people kicked
off the digest from time to time and censure by Welty.  I guess we take
the overwhelming good with the occaisional goof and laugh as long as we
can stand it.

Tom Jarlock
88 535ia, 167,000
LANDSHARK Powered, Brakes a-waiting