Re: Whazza-Bubba?

>From: Duane Collie <drcollie@domain.elided>
<<snip snip>>
>So how do ya get to be a Bubba? Well, first we kinda 'observe' your
>Doritios and beer onto our monitors with sharp, witty posts you *may* be a
>candidate.  But you must have the right 'mind-think'.  If you'd rather
>change the oil in your BMW on a Friday night than go to HOOTERS - you're
>too BMW hard core and not Bubba material.  If you're always worried about
>what others think about you, you're not Bubba material.  Most of all, if
>you are easily offended then you CERTAINLY are not Bubba material.  Enough
>of us notice you (and if you haven't irritated any one Bubba member   too
>badly in the past), then you may get an invite. We vote ya in-and can vote
>ya out, democratic style. Size is kept small on purpose, so slots don't
>come up very often.

Hey, I got an idea!!!
How 'bout a Dinan-style points system for becoming a Bubba?  Ya know,
coming up with the points system is worth, say 10 points.  A really witty
comeback is worth 2 points.  A unique solution to a difficult problem, 3
points.  The ability to <burp> drink Rolling Rocks imbedded in e-mails, 1
point <..guzzling..>.  Mastering the Bubba drawl (lemme see, jes fer fun,
this could be er two pernts), two points.  First one to 50 and the Bubba
Club goes from 30 to 31 members.  Now putting forth the concept of SELLING
a Bubba badge to new members for a hunnert bucks (I'm gettin the hang o
this) should get me automatic admission, 'cept for my lack of real BMW
knowledge.  Details, details...

Donn

Donn York
Treasurer, The Interlake Corporation