Reply: <E36> ACCELERATOR PEDAL REMOVAL

Matthew,

This is my semi-ignoramus reply, hopefully someone more knowledgeable
will reply, we don't want anyone to think we suck.

I've heard that if you manage to pull on the accl and 'snap' it out,
you have indeed broken it, probably not a cheap part to replace.

I installed my pedals w/o removing it, all you need to do is put
something sticky on your index finger to position and hold the nut
behind the pedal while you thread the bolt.  I used double sided tape
but perhaps clay, gum, heck it's cold enough perhaps even snot
(eewww!) might work also.  Good luck.

Carlos
Seattle (cold & rainy, lotsa snot being produced)
95 M3 John Skaggs brushed aluminum pedals
78 320i (330i) for sale, anyone want it? $2000