Eta questions

>When I first got my 528e last month I was actually suprised at the
acceleration that
>it had,

This is precisely the reason so many of the 325E's seat backs are broken;
That whiplash acceleration :)

>1. I've heard that the "e"  engines had slightly larger intake and exhaust
manifolds
>to help  get better fuel economy, Is this true?

Not to sure, sorry

>2. Isn't the only difference between an "e" and an "i" is the head and the
computer?

You can change the top half of the block with an I and it is then
essentially a 2.7L I engine. The computer, tack, speedo, rear dif
(possibly) might also need to be changed. Put in a newer 3.5L instead or
get a new car.

>3. What is the "super eta", and is it super on gas mileage or on
acceleration?

The 1988 super ETA is a slightly more tuned version of the original. The
SUPER boasts a heart stopping 7 extra HP. (you will get more from a chip)

>4. I have a 528e and was thinking of putting in a chip to help with the
throttle response, is it worth it?

The ETA was developed to maximize economy, If you chip your ETA you will
see a significant improvement, well worth the money. You will have to use
Premium fuel but at the age of the engine it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.
Fuel economy might suffer a bit (so what)

Dave '87 325 -> unknown chip,, perhaps a Gym Konforti? :)

ETA owners UNITE!!!