E28 is

The only diffence between the "is" and the "i" is the "is" came with the
body kit and the sprot, leather interior.  All the suspention components
are the same.  The sway bars are not different and the springs are the
same.  The M5 came with a completely different setup, same springs but
different swaybars and shocks.  The steering wheel is the same in both
cars.  You came replace it with the M steering wheel which only came in
the M5 and Euro M535i.  The "i" came with a temperature sensor if it has
the full trip computer.
It does come with body colored mirrors.

Rob Anderson
'88 535i 5-speed
Much research done on the topic.  I have compared my car with Ed Walters
stock components.