M-Day Concours Advice Sought

I received by federal express yesterday materials for the upcoming M-Day.
Gotta say that I am as excited as a kid in a toy store.  I also was thrilled
to see that I was asked to show my car, a 1988 M5, in the Concours
D'Elegance.  The materials say it is a "five-foot" concours and that "no
q-tips will be used."  I have never participated in a Concours before so I
ask the list to share with me any and all advice.  What do these phrases
mean--"five foot concours" and "no q-tips?"  What should I bring by way of
car cleaning stuff?  (I'm driving from Chicago)  How can I prepare in
advance?  Any other advice?  Thanks much.

Andrew Skopp
'88 M5 (dirty now, but really clean on 11/14)