Do camber plates add to ride height?

Do camber plates add to the ride height?  I am planning some
suspension upgrades for my E30, and I need to figure out which
springs to use.  I will probably get adjustable camber plates
for the back (they aren't really plates in the back, I thought),
and I might install adjustable camber plates in the front at s
ome later date.  I want to reduce the negative camber (at least
in the back) while driving on the street, but then add it back
when autocrossing.

TIA

- ---
Rob Clark  (Rob_Clark@domain.elided)