Re: Cruise Control interchanges?? BA

>Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:43:49 -0800
>From: Paul <pbruce@domain.elided>
>Subject: Cruise Control interchanges??
>
>Will a Cruise control off of an 88 528 E automatic work on my 91 318 IS
>manual?  I would like a cruise control for my car and I was wondering
>what would work properly on my 91 model. I heard there was no cruise
>offered on my car when new, is it true? Just got finished with the nasty
>profile gasket repair, so far so good. Paul Bruce 91 318 is

The control unit and actuator are identical, however the wiring is different, and probably the length of the actuating cable also.

You should be able to pick up a used cruise system, complete, for less than $200 for the 318.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you