Re: Tire Trailer

>These guys didn't put a floor on the front of the trailer, but
instead kept
>it open so that the wheels can drop below the floor line a bit to
keep the
>height down, and to keep them locked in a bit better.  To soften the
sharp
>edges, they used cut PVC pipe and zip ties to hold it on.

I went with the floor to strengthen the trailer frame and to help keep
the wheels & tires clean - especially when driving in the rain. Tires
are still pretty low. I'm going to try something with PVC pipe to hold
them in place better when I take it apart this winter.

>In terms of the back, building a plywood box is certainly possible,
but most
>of the guys I've seen have a Rubbermaid (or similar) toolbox mounted
right
>to the trailer bottom.  This will be waterproof and it doesn't' require
>painting.  I'd also think that it weighs much less.

I really wanted to go that route but the boxes I found were too flimsy
IMO. The hottest setup is an aluminum "truck box" from from a big
truck supplier. Light, strong, and very secure. Sort of pricey though...

...ned.
'98 M3/2 [BLACK M3]
BMW CCA 127659