bmw-digest V9 #458

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>hese types of motors, but a 4" diam ducted fan (WeMoTec or equivalent)
will generate a couple of pounds of static pressure at an exhaust velocit=
of 170mph on the bench.

There are bigger ones that the one I'm using, such as the Aveox units, th=
at
supply more power at similar efficiency, up to 1000W or so, and are still=

on the shy side of 1 lb.

You asked!

- - -Knute
<

on the right track knute, but remember, you dont get something for nothin=
g.
  so, you have to optimize.   =

the O5 motor is too small, and the 4 fans need 2 hp to run at ther
effinenct range.
what I have is the limit that want to put on the electrical system and
still does alittle good.   9 hp on 240 is not bad.
for 400 watts of electrical power , right.

thats the point.     Ive done the work,     Idea into a product that you
will spend months putting the parts of the puzzle together.
Its not that complicated but it does require lots of experimentation to
find the right motor, impeller  , and control mech.

mk