<E28> PS Fluid

I'm getting a squeel from my power steering pump (I think).  The level is
about as far below the cold-fill line as the distance between the cold-fill
and hot-fill lines.  Is that low enough to cause the squeel?  I looked in my
Haynes (can't afford the Bentley yet!) and it said to use Dexron II AT fluid.
Before I fill my reservoir with it I wanted to check and make sure Haynes was
right.  Is this the right stuff?  Do all Bimmers use the AT fluid for power
steering?

Thanks.  Y'all have been REALLY helpful with all of my questions!

Bill
BMWCCA 160195