Re: number removal

Jeremy Ferguson wrote:

Can anyone give me info on removing the numbers (325i) on the back of my
bimmer?

Jeremy
93 325i
____________________________

Jeremy,

There are several ways to do this.  I'll start with the methodology for
least damage potential:

Number Removal:

1. Dental Floss:  Use Dental Floss to 'saw' through the adhesive backing and
remove the numbers that way.

2. Butter Knife/ Rag: Use the knife to pry the numbers off.  Use the rag to
provide padding at the point of leverage on the body of the car (avoid dents
or damage to paint)

3. Screwdriver/ Rag: Essentially same as above, more padding (rags)
required.

Glue Removal:

1. Simple Green Soaked in Newspaper/ paper towels: Liberally apply simple
green to old newspapers/ paper towels and stick them over the area where the
glue is at.  Let it stand for several hours, this should loosen the glue up
and facilitate easy removal without harming the finish.  Might require
repeated applications.

2. "Sticker Shock"  This product is designed to remove bumper sticker glue,
etc. and will not harm your paint finish.  It will require multiple
applications and elbow grease to get the glue off, but it helps.

Hope this helps,

Frank Massaro
BMW CCA Tarheel/ NCC

'92 325is
'83 533i
ISOP/PF2

***Support Kathy Lyle for BMW CCA Treasurer***