Re: electric supercharger (for real)

Christopher <ChrisBourk@domain.elided> writes:

> Let me see if I understand this:  You're taking power out of the battery to
> drive a fan to blow into the engine to increase power so you can turn the
> alternator to recharge the battery current you've used turning the fan - is
> that the jist of it?

The original scheme might seem silly, but I don't think it is an
attempt at perpetual motion.  One hopes that the fan will increase the
rate at which the engine burns gasoline.  There is a great deal more
energy in a little more of that than in what circulates in the
electrical system.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided