Re: electric supercharger (for real)

> I'd be real curious to get actual power readings before and after
> use of this. It sounds like a cool idea, but it is quite easy for
> the Bosch alternator in an E30 to drain over 5 hp from the engine
> when it is under high load.  Therefore, chances are good that the
> electric supercharger could actually cost power.

BMW Car has an add for a gizmo that cuts the alternator load under
high engine load and claims up to 5bhp gains. I imagine it works off
the throttle switch. It claims to still maintain enough battery charge
and costs 99 GBP.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!