Re: <ALL> Parts CD ROM - Mobile Traditions BA

>Brett,
>
>From another email I received, I was told this is the same CD the parts guys
>at the dealer use when they look up parts.  My concern is that whenever I
>ask the dealer for a part, they have to refer to a fiche because they state
>the CD does not have euro cars parts, only US.  While most parts are the
>same, there are quite a few that I would need the euro fiche for.
>
>Does this sound right to you?

The Mobile Traditions CD is not the same one the dealer uses. It is the same format and looks identical on the screen but is not the
same one.

The US dealers have the US Electronic Parts Catalogue, and refer to microfiche for Euro parts.
There is a Euro Electronic Parts Catalogue available to the dealer, but most choose not to use it as it must be set up on a separate
machine.
The two versions cannot be run together, nor can either version be run on the same machine as the Mobile Traditions Electronic Parts
Catalogue.

The Mobile Traditions Electronic Parts Catalogue is the only one available to the public. It contains both US and Euro parts for the
following vehicles :

Isetta
700
1500 - 2000
1502 - 2002
E3
E9
E12
E21
E24
E30

In addition, it covers many of the early BMW's from the 1928 Dixie on.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you